Styling + Profiling: Cabana Pool Bar x Florals

So unlike the Hunger Games, which I am finally reading (#dontjudge), the odds were overwhelmingly not in my favour last Friday. After trekking to the strange nomansland that is Polson Pier for a trip to the now famed Cabana Pool Bar, I was greeted with the worst. weather. ever.

After my multi-transit affair, I arrived just as storm clouds and cool weather did. With my penchant for being perpetually cold (say that 5x fast), Canada's ever-sassy Mother Nature had won the battle and the weather war this time.

Fortunately, my friends and I managed to grab a few outfit snaps that made the adventure slightly more worthwhile (insert snarky comment about millenials here). Plus, I did see the appeal that Cabana would offer on a more cooperative day. So call it a rain check of sorts.

Outfit of the Day

  • Black crop top - Urban Behaviour 
  • Vintage floral wide leg trousers - Salvation Army
  • Necklace - Ardene




Obligatory Thrifting Story

At this point, thrifting to me is kind of like grocery shopping. In a good way. I have a general idea of what I need, and attempt to not be swayed easily by tempting finds. So I'd stepped in to Salvation Army to exchange a pair of pants that didn't fit. That's right exchange, I'm that hardcore. In the process, I stumbled upon these floral pants. At first glance, they seemed too big. Then, too small. But I figured for a $3.99, the pattern was interesting enough to warrant a gamble without trying them on. Luckily, it paid off. I seriously had a Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants moment. Somehow pants that seemed strangely misshapen and bound to fit badly, fit me like a street meat stand fits in at the club district.

So kids, moral of the story: you never know until you try. Or at least, until you spend $3.99. Either one, or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thrifty thoughts? Feel free to comment below.