Value Village Fall Haul

Value Village 50% off days are fairly sporadic. But when they happen, they are not to be missed. As such, I trekked to two separate locations with a determined mind and money to blow. Thankfully I was not disappointed.

It is important to note that sales like these bring out a serious crowd. All Macklemore-related comments aside, it seems thrift stores have re-integrated themselves into the fashion vocabularies of many. Initially, I won't deny that I was a bit disheartened that my secret fashion repository had been discovered by the masses. Then I remembered that I too had been introduced to the world of second-hand style by a friend, so I am technically not entitled to anything either. In fact I think this thrift renaissance is a cause for celebration.

We laud companies that incorporate recycled materials into their production, so why not incorporate "recycled" items into our closets? I make it a point to donate almost as much as I thrift, and if others are doing the same then this increased participation can bring nothing but good.

Now that I've concluded my daily public service announcement, it's back to regularly scheduled fashion programming. Two Value Village locations. Numerous fashion items. Here's (most) of what I got:

This simple clutch was practically new

Since summer was such a letdown, I needed some sun in my wardrobe

The quintessential 'festival' bag

The "I'm a Tree Planter" West Coast poncho

Made in England, this hat is the stuff dreams are made of

Oversize plaid blazer

   
A little jewel goes a long way





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thrifty thoughts? Feel free to comment below.