Fall Fun ft. The Drake, Cycling & Knitting



It's only fair (and Canadian) to apologize for my absence. Fear not, I'm back and more random than ever. Although thrifting is pretty much second nature to me, sometimes life takes over and you've got to prioritize other things. I say this as I watch a Harry Potter marathon on my couch...but I digress.

Here are some of the things that have occupied my time thus far:


Brunch at The Drake Hotel

This place is usually milling with beanie-clad Queen West dwellers, so my friends and I were lucky enough to stop by on a relatively quiet Tuesday afternoon. Since I wasn't really in the mood for brunch (sue me) I opted for the burger, which turned out to be a great decision. 


Biking the Waterfront Trail

During the final fleeting days of summer we were graced with at the end of the summer, I took it upon myself to undertake a serious biking journey. Read: 30 kilometers. It was both exhausting and amazing, and I truly have appreciation for all those who opt for bicycle commutes daily. In fact, studies have shown that those who bike to work are happier. The scenery along Waterfront Trail was the icing on the fitness cake, and I managed to snap a few quick shots (while stopped) on my journey with #nofilter. 


Granny Chic

Since scrolling on Instagram can't be considered a legitimate hobby, I decided to take up something that wouldn't cause overages in my data plan. Ladies and gents, I'm learning to knit. Say what you want, but there's something really satisfying about working with your hands and being able to see something come to life. Although my output still leads much to be desired, I'm enjoying the learning process. 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thrifty thoughts? Feel free to comment below.