Best Budget Halloween Costumes

Ladies and gents, Halloween is upon us. Unfortunately, due to the fact that I am currently a full-time student, my budget for a costume is severely limited. 

Luckily, thanks to my penchant for impulse purchasing, and a wealth of thrifted odds and ends, I was able to scrounge up two costumes, for under $10. 

 Costume #1: Hippie 

Apparently I subconsciously lean towards hippie-inspired garb naturally,  because I had everything necessary for this costume already present in my closet (non-ironically, I might add). 

Total Cost: Essentially nothing, as I had all the items in my closet already for non-costume purposes. 

Components

  • Tye-dye crop top (fringe added by moi) - Goodwill
  • Thrifted mom jeans (shredded and dyed by moi) - Goodwill
  •  Thrifted oversize knit vest - Value Village
  • Pink peace sign earrings - Kensington Market street vendor
  • Round sunglasses - Aldo


 





Hippie Costume Wardrobe Essentials


Costume #2: Referee

Once again, I took to my closet for inspiration...and I think it turned out fairly well. I only had to purchase two items, a baseball cap from Wal-Mart for $3 and a toy whistle (which was way harder to find than I thought) from a dollar store. Everything else came straight outta Compton my closet.

Total Cost: $4
  
Components
*apparently I forgot to photograph some components, but the overall look is there...
  • Black and white striped crop top - Orfus Road
  • Basic black bicycle shorts - H&M
  • Black baseball cap - Wal-Mart
  • Toy whistle - Dollar Store
  • Knee-High knit socks - H&M
  • Platform sneakers - Call it Spring



  Referee Costume Wardrobe Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thrifty thoughts? Feel free to comment below.