Goodwill Goldmine: Clothing Haul of the Year

 

A couple weeks ago I had the opportunity to check out an unfamiliar Goodwill location, located at Islington and Queensway in Etobicoke (AKA the Wild Wild West End). I've driven past it numerous times, but never stepped foot in it, until that fateful Friday. I instantly regretted not going there sooner. As the title implies, I was more than pleasantly surprised to find so many amazing items in one place. Maybe I was a bit too pleasantly surprised because I made a serious-ish dent in my budget, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.


The first thing I noticed about this location was that it was very well organized, and extremely quiet. I guess the staff forgot to turn on the radio that day because it sounded like the quiet study room in the library. It also wasn't crowded in the slightest, despite it being Friday. To be honest, I don't even know if I can do this Goodwill visit justice in words. 
Here is a quick synopsis of [part of] my experience before we get to the photos:
  • My cart was overflowing with items within the first 20 minutes of arrival (inspiring more quizzical looks fellow shoppers...but Kanye shrug)
  •  At one point I had to stop myself from entering anymore clothing aisles because I kept finding things I liked, woe is me
  • Aimed to stop in for an hour, stayed for three solid hours
  • Left with a garbage bag full of clothing, books and various trinkets; also accidentally held up the line due to the sheer magnitude of my purchase (In my defense there was only one cashier)
If I blogged about all the thing I found, this post would literally become a dissertation. So, today I will focus on the whole new wardrobe clothing aspect of my shopping experience. Also, since I bought so many things I didn't get a chance to price out each item (sorry). But Goodwill's new Friday promotion is buy six or more clothing items and get 50% off of all of them. And I definitely had more than six items.

So without further ado, here are some of the clothing items I found:

Short-Sleeved Men's Plaid shirt

Found this short-sleeved plaid number in the men's section. Someone tried to DIY it and savagely cut off the sleeves, hence the rolled up arms. Still love it though!

Long-sleeved Men's Plaid Shirt 


Wardrobe Staple to the fullest. Classic lumberjack black and red plaid. Also courtesy of the men's section.

Short-sleeved Floral Button Down Blouse 




It seems I can never escape floral. But then again...I don't really try to. 

Patterned Vest

This vest was also from the men's section if I'm not mistaken. But who knows I was in there for three hours...

Trend Alert: Camo Pants

Nothing like being trendy on the cheap. Since camo is back on the block, I figured I would 'splurge' on these pants. I'm pretty sure they were under $5, take that fashion world!

Men's Tribal Vest

I almost put this back. Good thing I came to my senses, this is going to serve me well in the summer, I can see this being perfect for Osheaga


Thus concludes part one of what was, quite possibly, my largest Goodwill haul ever. You can expect several more postings on this specific thrift trip because there are so many items to address. Or you can stage an intervention for my shopping habit. Either one.

What was your favourite item out of this 'collection'?

 

1 comment:

  1. I would definitely say the men's tribal vest is my favourite. Good thing you didnt put it back

    ReplyDelete

Have any thrifty thoughts? Feel free to comment below.