Styling + Profiling: Ralph Lauren and Steve Madden

Bird's eye outfit view. Check the thread count!
This week has been crazy to say the least. I'm sure my fellow students can attest to the frenzy that occurs during the last fleeting moments of the semester.

Unfortunately I have not been spared from this whirlwind of work, and as such, am currently buried beneath a mountain of unfinished projects. But alas, I have not completely neglected you, so here is this week's styling and profiling feature.Oh and it's my birthday (seriously)!








 Styling and Profiling: Ralph Lauren Men's Polo Sweater 


This lovely piece was the product of (once again) my trip to the Islington Goodwill location. I honestly wonder how people do not snatch up some of the things I find. But then again, it's a good thing they don't (or I would have no blog..and probably no wardrobe). I found this piece in pristine condition -- it even smelled freshly laundered, a rarity in the thrift store circuit. I love nautical stripes and this sweater is classic, simple, and the perfect closet staple.

 

Styling and Profiling: Steve Madden Men's Boots

In case you weren't aware, I have no qualms about shopping in the men's section of any store. Particularly because:

1. Men's basic items tend to be more my style (I pretty much only wear men's construction socks, even in the summer...which isn't always practical)

2. I love over-sized things (but not in a 90s hip-hop way...ok maybe in a 90s hip-hop way)

These boots were courtesy of an impromptu visit to the Queen St. East location of Value Village, and I honestly didn't even realize they were Steve Madden until I was in line to pay, so it was an added bonus. And just like the Ralph Lauren sweater, the boots were in surprisingly pristine condition. They're a bit big, but that is why the Good Lord made men's construction socks. Look upon the boots below:
Exhibit A: Construction socks in action
Behold the boot

Outfit Recap
Ralph Lauren Sweater - Thrifted (Goodwill)
Jeans - Winners
Boots - Thrifted (Value Village)

What did you think of this week's outfit? Any thrift stores you think I should visit next?

(Also photo creds to my fellow blogger Nam from our other temporary hiatus blog girlsandgrub.blogspot.ca)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thrifty thoughts? Feel free to comment below.