Goodwill Mini Haul: Fall Back?

I hope you accept my sincere apology for leaving you M.I.A. last week, but the ruthless monster known as exam week was completely responsible for my absence. Now that I am free of that beast (goodbye second year...you shan't be missed)

Since I know everyone is busy, I'll keep this post short and sweet. This week, I visited what I'd like to call a 'Mom and Pop' Goodwill located in the North end of Mississauga. Basically, a Goodwill store that is embedded in a small or mid-sized community that is usually quaint and small. While you don't necessarily get the quantity that you would from stores in large metropolitan areas, I'd say you have a better chance to find things that would definitely be snatched up quickly in larger stores.


So here's what I found. Let me preface this haul by saying, once again I've reverted to the quality over quantity method. I prefer to buy a few select items I know I'll love as opposed to buying a multitude of items I may not ever wear more than once.  

TRUE STORY: I've literally bought something and donated it back to Goodwill within the same month...without ever wearing it. Impulse buying at it's finest, I'm not proud.

Despite the fact that summer will soon be upon us (hopefully, who knows in Canada...) I somehow left Goodwill with pretty much all fall pieces. Oh the irony. Here's what I found:

Men's Club Monaco Sweater

 

This men's sweater is such a throwback to the days when Club Monaco was a 'mainstream' brand. It's hunter green and over-sized, perfect over some black leggings and combat boots.

 

 Purple Velvet Top

As you probably already know, I'm kind of in love with all things velvet. Except tracksuits. The camera does this shirt no justice, but it's a gorgeous deep purple and it fits extremely well. Look out for a S + P feature of this piece soon!

 

Floral Sweater

I'll chalk this purchase up to the fact that I'm perpetually cold, and florals are a favourite of mine. I blame my grandmother-ish tendencies. This sweater is for dreary fall days, which contrary to popular belief, are not too far away.

 

Tie Dye Shirt

At risk of you thinking I was anti-summer, I managed to buy one non-fall item. Partly because it cost me under a dollar, and also because I finally feel ready to embrace tie dye. I definitely plan to cut this shirt up and probably add some fringe. Picture this shirt with jean cutoffs and a pair of Docs...nothing more summery than that.



 That's all for this week, hopefully I bring some more summery items into the mix when the weather decides to warm up. Which at the rate we're going, might not be till September. Happy Thrifting!

1 comment:

  1. cute finds! i will be seeing you in them come september...

    ReplyDelete

Have any thrifty thoughts? Feel free to comment below.