Thrifted: Odds and Ends + Spring Cleaning Tips


There comes a point in every thrifter's [and shopaholic's] career where they end up with a room full of things they probably don't need, or even remember they bought (do I sound like a hoarder?). Odds and ends, random knick knacks, or in my case, thrift hauls so large you forget to blog about half the items...but I digress.

Although my closet is currently brimming with clothing and creating a space issue (blame the closet, not me), I still think it is important to take clothing inventory every few months. My strategy is to throw out items that I have worn less than three recent times along with ill-fitting items I can't let go of because they're too cute (story of my life!). I do this for two main reasons:

1. Clearing out items seasonally ensures I have room for inevitable future impulse buys. Actually this is probably the sole reason I am not a hoarder, because it prevents me from mentally justifying items I clearly don't need or even want. 

2. Another good reason for seasonal closet inventory is that when I get rid of these items, I send them straight back to my local thrift store....the circle of life

Odds and Ends

With spring cleaning out of the way, here are some miscellaneous items that I have not yet recorded from my trips to Goodwill at Islington as well as my impromptu trip to the Value Village on Queen St. E in Leslieville.

Men's T-shirt

I bought this first because I love the colour, and secondly because of the awesome quote on the back. I plan to DIY this at some point to make it more interesting, so stay tuned for that. Also don't mind the wrinkles...they add 'character'  
"No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." - (Aristotle) this quote is the reason I bought this shirt!

 

Oversize White Tee

Ok I'll be the first to admit this photo does this shirt no justice, but the floral detail around the neckline is what sold me. Besides, some of the best fashion items look awful on the hanger.  

Here's a closer look at the floral neckline detailing. Perfect for summer, found at Goodwill Islington.

 Thorbrau Augsburg Austrian Mug

So there were a set of these, but someone managed to snatch up the other two before me.... unfortunately this comes with the territory of thrifting (I'm still bitter though). I managed to snag this final piece at Value Village in Leslieville.



Vintage Glass Tray

Found this at Goodwill Islington (quel surprise). This tray screams 70s (in all the right ways) and the distinct orange colour and design make it the perfect piece for a coffee table or as a decorative centerpiece.



 Denim Corset

I picked this up as a joke at first, but some unforeseen force would not let me part with it. Corset inspired looks are everywhere this season, and this denim piece is the perfect wardrobe wild card.


That's all for today folks, which items were you feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thrifty thoughts? Feel free to comment below.